Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Birth of Rotar





I posted on the vehicle thread about my 89 Ford Bronco. Well she is starting her transition from the Ugly Duckling through what I believe will take a couple of years to turn into a swan. Through a little discussion with the wife I wanted her named after meteorological event because she will eventually be color coordinated with my Intermediate wing, so she has been dubbed Rotar.

Here is the low down. This Bronco was purchased from a friend in pretty bad condition but I always wanted a toy. The first thing was a revamp of the transfer case and transmission which were complete 6mo ago which put her as road worthy. This weekend I tore out all carpet and replaced a couple window motors I picked up from a pick and pull yard.

In a few months she will be torn apart for prep for a complete paint change to blue and white, which I will be helped by my father in law out of Missouri who is retired from paint and body.

A neighbor of mine who welds for a living has helped me design a aluminum rack that will attach by hidden mounts and come apart in 4 sections to accommodate storage. That will be for sell through custom design. (A LITTLE SELF PITCH THERE)

The back will be sanded down smooth and painted white and sliding windows replaced for the current ones. The weather seal replaced for the removable top and no lift but 31” tires to replace the current ones on the vehicle.

The entire flooring and parts of the interior sides will have sprayed in rhino liner once the paint job is complete and the 2 front seats and rear bucket will be replaced with 4 captians chairs instead of the back bucket seat.

No comments: